Strategic Partnerships Steering Committee
The Strategic Partnerships Steering Committee was established in 2016. Members of the Steering Committee represent the nonprofit, philanthropic, and private sectors. The Steering Committee also includes government liaisons.
The purpose of the Steering Committee is the following:
To connect city agencies, nonprofit organizations and philanthropic partners around shared priorities.
To identify opportunities and help align philanthropic interests and nonprofit capacity with the priorities of the City.
To leverage connections and resources between public and private entities to increase the impact of philanthropy and government effectiveness.
To develop a shared agenda between philanthropy, nonprofits and government.
To ensure the alignment of public, private and philanthropic investments, the Strategic Partnerships Steering Committee developed the Community Goals Framework to create a common language that all sectors could use to define their investments. This framework was based off national and state models used by municipalities, national philanthropic organizations and state associations and represents all community impact areas. Click here to learn more.
2020-22 Steering Committee Members:
In 2022, City of Jacksonville, in partnership with the Jessie Ball duPont Fund and the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida, was invited by the Florida Philanthropic Network to highlight the City of Jacksonville's Strategic Partnerships model in a webinar with its members. Click here to view a copy of the presentation.
Former Steering Committee Members:
- Michelle Braun, United Way of Northeast Florida
- Jennifer Chapman, Mayo Clinic
- Jacqueline Collier, Cure Violence – Noah’s Ark
- Rena Coughlin, Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida, Inc.
- Council Member LeAnna Cumber, Jacksonville City Council
- Diana Donovan, Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville
- Katie Ensign, Jessie Ball duPont Fund
- Tameka Gaines-Holly, ElderSource
- Jill Johnson, Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Ann-Marie Knight, UF Health Jacksonville
- Kathleen Shaw, The Community Foundation of Northeast Florida
- Susan Towler, Florida Blue Foundation
- Paul Tutwiler, Cure Violence – Northwest Jacksonville Community Development Corporation
- Shamika Wright, JAX Chamber
- Tony Allegretti, Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville
- Council Member Michael Boylan, Jacksonville City Council
- Pastor George Davis, Impact Church
- Nina Waters, The Community Foundation of Northeast Florida
- Joy Young, Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville